Saturday, October 6, 2012
As always, I have many things for which I am grateful. Of course, it goes without saying that I'm grateful for a good home, food on the table, healthy kids, where I live, etc. But I'm also grateful for so much more that needs to be acknowledged. Today, these are the five things for which I am grateful that are at the forefront of my mind:
1. I am grateful for the teachers at Eamon's preschool. He loves going, can't wait to go, and wishes he could go more often. Given he has many more years of school to go, it is a great way to start.
2. I am grateful for Kerry, his patience, and his willingness to work on us. Being married is hard work, but so worth it.
3. I am grateful that I am surrounded by positive and happy people. Life is not perfect, and sometimes is quite terrible, but I feel so fortunate to have friends who look on the bright side, feel grateful for what they have, and make the most of every day.
4. I am grateful for Meaghan's school. I have yet to meet a teacher I don't instantly like. I know without doubt that Meaghan is happy and safe every single day. Plus, it is a warm and welcoming community of parents. Through Meaghan's school I have developed a fantastic network of people I consider friends who I know I could rely on if I ever needed help with anything, even serious help.
5. I am grateful I do not require serious help at this moment.
Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your turkey, or whatever you happen to eat this weekend!